Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

When I go the Manage my Accounts and Devices and select Read

Customer Question

When I go the Manage my Accounts and Devices and select Read Now, a black screen appears and a tollbar flashes Kindle loud. I don't want that. I have been toggling between my Kindle Fire tablet and computers at work and home until a few days ago. Now I can't "continue" reading a book on my computer OR even access a book from my computer. Help!!! I hate Amazon Tech Support.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you are reading Kindle books on your computer but your not able to do this anymore?

Is this the issue you are having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

I work online here in response to your request for a phone call, but I can connect to your computer and fix this directly if you wish?

I made the request for this which you can accept or we can continue here.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me first before I get in any deeper.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I work online here in response to your request for a phone call, but we will just continue here.

When you try to open a book, what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I'm on the Kindle Fire, everything works perfectly, the book, where I left off appears but on my computer ... at work... a black screen shows up and a tool bar flashes kindle cloud, flash flash, flash. Until last week, the book would come up with a message asking me if I want to go to the page I was reading on another device. I said yes and continued reading on the computer. Iwas able to go back and forth.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Which version of windows or mac is running on the problem computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I waiting on you? I thought you were going to call me. I've answered your question. What do I do now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to access this connection when I get home. I'm off work now and will not have use of this computer until tomorrow. Call me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I keep repeating that I do not call, I work online here

I really need you please to read the messages I am sending to you...

I am waiting on you still to answer the question of which version of windows or mac you use.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard...I will accept your offer but I am tied up with other stuff here at work so I will contact you later. Melba
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard...I don't know what I'm thinking. I am at work and I cannot put you into my computer. I'll contact you from my home where I am running Windows 7 and perhaps we can fix the problem there.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, or you could do the instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard...Hello, again. I appreciate your efforts top get my problem solved. Here's the thibng. I cannot put you on my computer at work and at home on my Windows 7 I don't have a problem. Here at work I cannot (for just the last week) access the Read Now option because it goes to Cloud Reader...black page...nothing. I do not want Cloud Reader. I want to be able to go back and forth from my Kindle Fire to this computer...at work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then uninstall the reader from the computer via control panel, uninstall a program

Then reinstall it from my link below

http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the uninstall and I used the websit to reinstall. There is no change. Do I need to restart my computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes you do, restart and let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no change. Let me do the thing again because I didn't get a "save" option. I'm going to uninstall Kindle and use the website you provided again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard. I guess I should just give up. I just want to review what I've done. I'm just not this dense. I have gone to the uninstall and uninstalled Kindle from the computer. I have every reason to believe it has been uninstalled. I go to the website you gave me and download, run, restart. Nothing. I keeps going to Cloud, enter password ***** nothing. I don't understand why it's been working fine for almost a year and now it doesn't.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean with . I go to the website you gave me and download, run, restart. Nothing.

What do you mean with Nothing?

It wont install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean...there is no change. When I go to Manage my Accounts and Devices and select Read Now I get a Kindle Cloud prompt to put in my password ***** then the screen does blank and at the top of the page in one of the boxes it flashes Kindle Cloud and does nothing. It used to go directly to a box that said...you were on page xxx on another device do you want to go to that location...yes or no.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

When did this problem start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A week or so ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

We will then do a system restore

To do this, press the windows key + R and type in rstrui.exe

Press enter and follow the onscreen steps to perform a system restore, choosing a date from when this last worked.

Let it complete and tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid to do this. Do you mean the plus key and the number 4 key on my keyboard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean...on my keyboard do I hold down the plus key and the capital letter R. I was distracted there, sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, the windows logo key, so the key with the windows logo, then R together with it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went back to October 13th. I give up. I just want to screw around with my office computer anymore. I just won't read books at work or I'll bring my kindle. I'm sorry. You did good. I just don't want to fool with it anymore.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I marked this question to never close so we can always resume at a later time, this is no problem

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give you an excellent rating but I wish I could have had you in the computer yourself but, of course, I can't because it's a company computer or if you or someone could have talked me thru this on the phone. What is my financiall obligation at his point and beyond?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see this sorry, as I am only an engineer, but it is only the amount you paid initially, nothing more.

But if you email customer service on***@******.***

They can tell you this.