Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I need to unlock my old Samsung C414M cell phone. And does

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Eric--My name is Marcy. I need to unlock my old Samsung C414M cell phone. And does this cost money? Thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I haven't got a sim card for it, as I would like to change my provider and I need it unlocked to do this. I'm pretty sure it's Koodo.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cell Phones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes--thank you Eric!!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To unlock it, I think you will need a SIM card that is not already committed/registered for the already established service provider.

'Unlocked' (as opposed to 'rooted') means that it is open to having a hookup to any service provider.

So, you go through a procedure:

http://www.mobifreedom.net/unlocking-instructions-for-samsung-c414m

is one, and another is detailed on this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3ZG1BSG2M

I hope one of those at least works OK for your model of phone.