Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My nephew looked at a porn site from my mobile (we live in

Customer Question

my nephew looked at a porn site from my mobile (we live in Spain). since then, I am getting calls without my phone actually ringing, from numbers starting 803. I have been told this is from a porn site. how can I stop these calls - they are a nuisance!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

How many different 803 numbers have called you? Guess if you have to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many I can't count... this has been going for around 6 weeks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the phone makes no noise, just a very quiet beep. when I look at the screen there isn't even an option to answer the phone. it is logged as 'cancelled' in my phone logs.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So every time this happens it is a different 803 number? Or do you see calls from the same number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haveseen the same numbers pop up over and over. Then it'll be a new number.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I would start blocking them. I'm not familiar with Movistar's support but you should be able to log into your account online and block from there. Or, on the actual phone, touch the icon that says “Phone” on your main screen.

Click on the entry for the number you want to block under “logs.”

Press the menu button.

Select add to “reject list.”

Do this for every number that calls and eventyually, they will stop.

Yo ucan also use third party apps to block unwanted numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have installed apps to block, but the calls are still getting through.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Are the numbers getting through despite them being in the App? Or are the ones that get through new numbers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just had another one call even though it is in my reject list.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Can yougive me one of the numbers that is getting through?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, as you probably know, 803 numbers are for adult services. Have you tried calling Movistar? They should be able to block them for you. If you did, what did they tell you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Litterally just called again one minute ago. And I could hear a recorded message in spanish. I live in spain. Not sure if the message is my phone company answering the call because it is on reject list or if it is a recorded message from the porn site.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

What does the recorded message say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From what I gather (I don't speak spanish) it sounds like it saying that these calls are not allowed. But am not sure...
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, my Spanish isn't good either.

I think you're going to need an expert based in the UK or Spain to help you here. I don't understand how calls from numbers that are blocked are getting through.

I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you know which porn site he actually looked at? As some have an opt out service for this.

Please let me know