Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

My Galaxy Tab S can not authenticate my password RT-N56U

Customer Question

My Galaxy Tab S can not authenticate my password ***** ASUS RT-N56U router. I've re-booted and changed my router password. The tablet recognizes the router as strong signal but fails to connect. ?? Your assistance will be greatly apreciated. DL
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was this tablet working previously on this router?

If you test disabling wireless password ***** the router, then is the tablet able to connect?

Is another wireless device, such as a laptop or wireless computer or smartphone or another tablet, currently working with the router?

Besides the tablet, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Can you please log in the router, then go to the Wireless option, then make sure the Authentication Method is set to WPA-Auto-Personal (or choose the option that has both WPA and WPA2), and the option WPA Encryption is set to TKIP+AES, then Apply / OK. Then try connecting the tablet and check.

- If needed, press and hold the power on/off button on the tablet, then select the Restart option and confirm, then connect the tablet to your wireless network name, and check. (If it has the forget option when tapping on your network name, then select the forget option, then tap on your network name again, and connect.)

- If needed, update the router's firmware if it's not updated yet:

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTN56U/HelpDesk_Download/

- If needed, can you test connecting the option Authentication Method to Open System (or Disabled or None, etc.), then apply/ok, and check? Then test with different authentication method and apply, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.