Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My ZTE metro device my screen is locked wit a pattern I've

Customer Question

My ZTE metro device my screen is locked wit a pattern I've forgot the
Pattern unlock it .. without loosing my data how do I unlock it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter incorrect pattern for multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account or backup PIN associated with it. So use that Gmail account or backup PIN to reset the code. On some models, it will not ask for Gmail to reset.

If that didn't work, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. Believe me, there is no other way to override the lock if the Gmail or backup pin option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the phone. If you want to get access to your phone again then follow the steps below to factory reset it;

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the phone . Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After factory reset, you can try some recovery applications to see if you can recover any items from it.

Download and install this application Dr.Fone for Android on your computer --> http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/android-data-recovery.html

Open Dr.Fone application and connect your phone. Then follow the onscreen instructions to see what can be recovered.

Please note this application might not work, but it is worth a try. Please try the trial version of the application and only buy it if it can recover the deleted contents.

I'm sorry, other than this there is no other way to recover them. There is also no way to override the lock and get access to your phone. I understand this might not be answer you want to hear, but these devices are very secure and can't be accessed without the pattern lock. Let me know if you have any questions.