Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My ZTE has a humming sound why?Also why does it overheat and

Customer Question

My ZTE has a humming sound why?Also why does it overheat and go to a all white screen less than a minute of turning on?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An all-white screen means some sort of memory failure, perhaps. Or a failure of brightness limitation / too-strong-contrast, or the like.

Overheating means a short, and/or an overvoltage.

A humming sound is an oscillation, owing to some instability in the circuitry. Or, if it happens when plugged into an AC adapter/charger, it could mean the charger is defective and is introducing AC into the phone.

If I were repairing it, I would check for poor regulation of voltage from the battery, and/or (owing to some overcharging error) excessive voltage from the battery itself(?)