Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Samsung 5 Sport seems to be frozen? I can turn it off

Customer Question

My Samsung 5 Sport seems to be frozen? I can turn it off manually but I can't type using the keyboard or turn it off using the power button. (It still charges)
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the phone and tell me if the hardware buttons respond please.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't work. I still can't do anything but turn on the phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, power it off via the screen.

Then hols volume up and power until you get to the recovery menu

Tell me please if you can get to this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what I did but I did do that and I reset all the user information and powered down and now it is just showing a yellow screen with the sprint spark
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the problem.

It is the internal memory that has faulted. It was ok till it needed to reload it, and then as it cannot read it, it stalls.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it still not responding to my touch via the screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, its going to behave very erratic with this issue. It all depends on which memory sectors are at fault.

What we tried to do is reload the firmware, which bypasses all software issues, and why, as this failed, it confirms the issue else you would no matter what, be able to do the reset.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you can try the volume Up and power again to get to the menu, but it will repeat what just happened as it cannot access the firmware

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ill standby as you try

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Is it getting past it to the recover menu or just stalling still?