Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My device won't turn on - I've tried my charger on other

Customer Question

My device won't turn on - I've tried my charger on other devices so I know the charger is ok - besides the last time I used it, the Kindle wasn't anywhere near having a dead battery. I have a Fire HD 6. Could it be a bad switch? Are those prone to failure in your experience? Will I have to send this in for repair?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are mainly two reasons for this problem. Either this is an firmware issue or the battery has failed. In some cases issues with mainboard also cause this kind of problem.

To make sure this is not a firmware issue, first we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If it still not turning on, connect the Kindle to your PC with the USB cable, wait 2 minutes and then hold down the Power button for 20-40 seconds. Let me know how it goes.