Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

If I have a textbook with lots of ghlights and notes, is

Customer Question

If I have a textbook with lots of highlights and notes, is there an easy way to get back to where I left off in the highlights and notes. As it is now, if I tap a highlight, it takes me to the highlighted text in the book, and then if I want to get back to the notes and highlights, i tap the notes and highlights in the drop down menu, but it takes me to the very first page of the notes and highlights instead of where I left off.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me in which app on your Tablet you are doing this in please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the Kindle App on a generic Android tablet. I didn't say that earlier because Just Answer said it was putting me in touch with a "Kindle" expert.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Correct, but it only has generic android here, and I also deal with Android, Nook issues ect.

The way to quickly get back would be to leave a book mark and then return to the book mark rather then to the place of highlight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are dealing with the reverse situation. I have no trouble clicking on a highlight that is in my notes and highlights which then takes me to the pages of the books that were so highlighted. What I want to do is essentially to be able to hit a "back" button which takes me back to my notes and highlights where I left off there. As it is now, it seems like from the page I am on, going to the drop down menu, click on "notes and highlights" which then takes BACK TO THE BEGINNING of the notes and highlights. I then have to scroll and scroll and scroll to try to get back to where I was in my notes and highlights. In other words, I want to go straight back to where i was in the notes and highlights and continue my review from where I had left off.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ah ok thats for clarifying it, but no this is not functional within the app sorry. It does not store the actual point, which is why it default back to the beginning. The app is light as they have only done the basics in the app in order to allow the users access to their books on other devices.