Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Altho my Kindle is fully charged it wont open.....please

Customer Question

Altho my Kindle is fully charged it wont open.....please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the firmware is glitched. In some cases issues with the internal motherboard or battery can also cause this. First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle. Then check if you are able to turn it on.

If that didn't work, then connect it to your computer with the USB cable and reset it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Ashik.....I am up and running again......The only problem now is that I cant access my Home Page....it has been like this for quite awhile...is it possible to fix this..???.. ...Kind regards Greta.....
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hello Greta. What happens when you open home page ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Greta. Which exact model of Kindle is this ? What really happens when you unlock it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I don't know which exactly my Kindle is.......when I open it ( thank you )..I get the pics of the books that I read.....when reading I cant go to Home Page at all....the screen stays on the pics of books....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologise but I cant afford to ring you.....I am 82 and on limited finance but I am so thrilled that you have opened my Kindle for me....Greta
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Lets reset it one more time. Disconnect it from charger. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 30 seconds continuously and this will reset the Kindle. Now turn it on (if it is off) and are you able to go to home page ?

If not, do you get any sounds when you touch the screen ?

Also can you identify your Kindle from here --> http://www.oberondesign.com/pages/identify-your-kindle-model

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem. You don't have to call. I will help you here without any additional payment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that didn't work, I still ant access the home page....it needs recharging now so should I leave it until tomorrow????
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Do you get any sounds when you touch the screen ?

You can leave it connected so it will charge while we troubleshoot it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, no sounds and I don't have access to a power point here in this room
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Greta, I believe this is an hardware issue rather a software one. Since it is not going to home screen, we can't troubleshoot further. You will have to send it to Amazon. Amazon usually don't repair the screen. They usually replace the Kindle with a new one (if it is under warranty) or will replace it with a refurbished one for a reduced cost if it is out of warranty (cost less than a price of new Kindle). To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####/strong> or this number 1800 3000 9009

You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b

You have to send it to Amazon. Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.

Good news is that everything is stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again. Not only that, you can download all yours books to your computer or other devices like phone, tablet etc

Do you have any other devices like computer, phone etc ? If so, I will help you to download Kindle application and download your books to that device.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Before setting up replacement lets try one more thing. Can you identify your Kindle from this website and let me know what model you are using --> http://www.oberondesign.com/pages/identify-your-kindle-model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am pretty sure its the Kindle paper white
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

The step I was going to suggest was about removing the battery to reset its components. But your model has non-removable battery, that is the battery can't be removed without taking it apart. I'm sorry, it sounds like your Kindle is faulty. We've tried the reset method and we can't troubleshoot further without accessing the home space.

You will have to call Amazon and setup replacement. Would you like me to setup Kindle on your computer or other devices ? So you can continue to read your books on those devices.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must go Ashik, and I thank you so much for your help today...I cant send it back to Amazon but I will continue to use it and later on buy another one, possibley second hand.......this technology has come at the wrong time for this old brain...LOL....Many thanks once again.....Greta
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome Greta. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better answer. I wish I could.

You can download Kindle to your PC from here --> https://www.amazon.in/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd

I'd also suggest to keep trying to reset the Kindle one or twice in a day by holding down the Power button for 20-40 seconds while connected to power. If it reset successfully it will back to functional again. Resetting is your only option since you can't access the home screen or menu.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with the service I provided, please rate me as OK Service or higher (3 stars or more) at the top and click Submit. Remember, if you ever need my help please get back to me to this page and I will continue to help you without paying again.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites list, so you can get back to me any time you want.

Best Regards,