Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Why won't my laptop recognize my kindle when I plug it into

Customer Question

Why won't my laptop recognize my kindle when I plug it into it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 1 year ago.

Try resetting the firmware by sliding and holding the power button for 20 seconds. After that, try connecting. If that fails, plug it into the computer with the Kindle off and then turn the Kindle on. Lastly, if both of those fail, turn the Kindle on and then plug it into the computer. If it still fails to connect, let me know. We may have to locate a driver for the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That failed as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get that message?

Please provide me the model number of your laptop. Also, while I look for a driver, plug the Kindle into your computer and then slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds while plugged into the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Answer man Rob, are you here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't locate it, may I give you the type of laptop & have you look it up? I'm physically handicapped with cerebral palsey & it's hard for me too turn this over, It's an HP Pavilion Notebook Touchsmart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you here, Rob?

Hmmmm....I can't locate one. I will opt out. Perhaps a computer tech will locate it. Do not rate my answer. Save it for whomever helps you with the driver issue.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you try to plug the Kindle into a different USB port on the computer and tell me please if it is then detected.

Please let me know.