Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I deleted a browsing story on my samsung android (last

Customer Question

Hi! I deleted a browsing history on my samsung android (last night, phone was not off since then), I use Chrome, and can't access my facebook that I was accessing like that for over a year, just by the link on browsing history (no fb app)... it is just sending me to a fb start up page prompting the passwod that I don't have and cant recover. I am in abs despair!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Besides the phone, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Can you press and hold the Power on/off button on the phone, then select the Restart option, and confirm

, then have you tried to reset your Facebook account password ***** the website below, and check?

https://www.facebook.com/recover/initiate

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Viet!Yes, I do have a windows computer. It is a computer i use for work, but I do have it at my disposal if it would be needed for some reason. Nothing that I've ever used for opening this particular fb however.No, restarting the fb-account or password ***** ***** an option.I also saw that you are offering further help with a fee attached to it. I have declined it here so that I can test the options above and respond, but wouldn't have any problem in paying for it if you have a clear idea how you can help me out. Is there any way really?I have in a meantime discovered that typing directly in the web browser of Chrome the initials of the name lead me to the fb-page but only to the login page again, even thou personalized and not the generic one. It is like browser is anyway reading some old history. Same for some other sites that I have visited before I deleted the history. To some there is a star-bookmark to it while to this fb-links there is a watch-symbol on the side.I have now done a restart as suggested above but no change whatsoever.Thanks,
Sanja

- When you go to the website below:

, then there, enter the email address (or phone number) associated with your original facebook account)

, then click on Search below it, then what happens? What does it ask you to do? Is there any error or message? Are you stuck at any step?

, (if needed, try each email address / phone number that you have used previously until it works.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,Recovering it thru facebook recovery is not an option, for various reasons.
What i am asking about is if it is possible to get back to it, thru my mobile device to the lost link or to recover the history or whatever can or can't be done that way.
The key is in my mobile phone and in the links used (saved password ***** whatever it was that was letting me access it over and over again). I cant/dont want to go thru fb-recovery, and create a new password ***** anything like that.thanks,
Sanja

I'm sorry. Do you mean you do not have access to the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account?

Since you delete history/cache, etc., then any saved password ***** ***** Please note that no company would reveal / read your password; that would be a privacy issue. If you do not remember your FB account password, then you would have to do the recovery process.

Can you ask a friend, who is friended with you on FB, then ask him/her to click on your profile in his/her FB account on a computer, then it will show your FB profile website link?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,That's correct: no access that way whatsoever and new password ***** fb is not an option.Thanks,
Sanja

When you try the recovery process there, does it give you the option to submit your ID / photo, etc., so that FB can verify that you are the owner of the account? Thank you.

Can you submit your FB account login email address or phone number and submit a photo ID of you, such as driver's license at the website below:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/319547548123767

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Just forget about that process as I do not want to create a new password. As already written, going thru that is not an option.So, either we can access my deleted links and history or anything that would recover that lonk in my phone, or we do not go thru fb.Thanks,
Sanja

I'm not sure why you do not want to go through FB, i.e., submit your ID to FB, so they can verify you. I'm really sorry; I'm out of ideas, so let me open the issue to other experts, though I don't think it's possible to access your deleted links / history from the phone. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Viet!That's why I focused my question on the recovery of deleted links and history rather than on fb itself.Did you open it to someone else to "try"?Thanks for your help so far anyway and thanks for sending it further...Have a good day,
S

You're welcome. Sorry, I would have shown you a way if I know, and I just thought that using the FB recovery process would be quicker (I did not know you tried already.) But yes, I have opened the issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email / reply whenever there is a response from another expert. Thank you.