Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

How do I transfer a CD to my Kindle Fire?

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

What kind of CD are you trying to transfer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Memorex CD-R, 52x, 700mb, 80min.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

What is on the CD that you are trying to transfer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Music with talking.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

What type of file are the music files?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know. All i know is the music is for meditation.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Please follow these steps...

From your computer, locate the Kindle content you want to transfer from your computer to your Kindle Fire

1. Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer with the USB cable. Your Kindle appears in the same location on your computer that external USB drives appear.
    • Windows: Your Kindle Fire will appear in the Computer or My Computer folder. If you're using a Windows XP computer, you will need to download Windows Media Player 11, a free application, to complete the USB transfer. To download Windows Media Player 11, go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-media-player-details.aspx.
    • Mac: Your Kindle Fire will appear on the desktop. You will need to install Android File Transfer, a free application, to complete the USB transfer. To download Android File Transfer, go to http://www.android.com/filetransfer.

Note: If you've set a lock screen password ***** your Kindle Fire, you may need to unlock your device before it can be opened on your computer.

2. Open the Kindle Fire folder (titled "Kindle") on your computer, and then open the Internal storage folder.
  3. Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the compatible file you want to transfer into the applicable folder:
    • Audible: AA, AAX
    • Books: AZW (.azw3), MOBI (non-DRM), KF8
    • Documents: TXT, PDF, PRC, DOC, DOCX
    • Music: MP3, non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV
    • Pictures: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
    • Movies: MP4, 3GP, VP8 (.webm)
  4. Disconnect your Kindle Fire from your computer.
  5. From your Kindle Fire, tap a content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap the Device tab to view your Kindle content.