Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I can not fine my password

Customer Question

I can not fine my password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You didn't mention specifically what type of device you have but since it is in the android category, I will assume it is a typical android device. Android is a very secure operating system, so, by design, if you forget the password, there is no way to get into the device. The only solution to continue using the devices to do a factory reset and wipe the device. If you do this, most of your data will resynchronize because it is synchronized with online accounts as long as you use the same Google account that you used when you initially set up the device.

To get into the menu to do a wipe, on most devices you will power up while holding the volume button either up or down. It should show a little green android robot and then go to a textbased menu. On that menu, you use the volume buttons to navigate in the power button to select. Navigate to data wipe factory reset and press the power button to continue. This will go through the process of reinstalling the operating system so it can take several minutes to complete the next startup. Just be patient even if it seems like it's stuck. Once it does this, it will bring you through the setup wizard again where you can put your Google information and tell it to restore or set it up as a new device. Please let me know if you still have questions.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.