Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Gave my Samsung Galaxy player to my granddaughter to play

Customer Question

gave my Samsung Galaxy player to my granddaughter to play games. It has locked us out. Have no idea what the id and password ***** ***** open it. What do I do???
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the code. If you don't remember the Gmail details, then the only option to get in to the player is factory-reset. There is no other way to override the password ***** Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it;

Turn off the player.

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now. If not, then restart and hold down Volume Up + Home and Power at same time.

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.

Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the player. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Please reply back here instead of posting new question. Did you successfully do factory reset ? If so, turn it off by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds or remove the battery. Then turn it on.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After doing the factory reset, press and hold down teh Power button for 10 seconds and it will reboot. If not, remove the battery, put it back and turn it on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can not get past reboot system now. Can not close
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Did you take out the battery ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Remove the battery from the device, wait 2 minutes and put it back. Does it turn on now ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not get to the battery..It is one unit not a phone but a galaxy player. It will not accept my Google I'd or password ***** Nothing has worked!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. Can you boot into android recovery menu again ? Then in the Android recovery menu, are you able to move the selection to wipe data/factory reset using the volume down button ?