Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My android phone is locked as I couldn't remember my unlock

Customer Question

Hi my android phone is locked as I couldn't remember my unlock pattern I hadn't used the phone for months , it says to unlock with a google account but I didn't have a Google account set up on it , the phone hasn't been used in about 18 months .
A friend gave it to a friend of theirs and it came back with a code ...661273 but I don't know how to use the code , they said to contact Google . Can you help ? I don't want to erase the phone , it has photos and messages in I want to keep . Thanks Mark
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark,

The only way around the pattern code if you cannot remember the code is to reset via Google/Gmail. If you cannot remember that information then you will need to do a factory reset on the phone which will wipe it clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to wipe it clear
Has to be another way to unlock it
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there isn't. The alternative to forgetting the pattern lock is to unlock it through Google/Gmail which you are not able to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I get charged for this
I did say In my first message I don't want to wipe the phone
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I understand that you do not want to wipe your phone but that is the only option available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer should have been that you can not help me if you read my question correctly
This is just a scam
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have provided you with the options that are available (Google/Gmail reset and Factory reset). Unfortunately, you do not want to do the factory reset which means there is nothing more that myself or any other tech can do.

Have a great night!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will make sure I post all this on Facebook let others decide if I was just scared out of money
Your description was do not charge unless satisfied ,
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your time