Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My kindle fire has gone back to Boot password. I have moved

Customer Question

My kindle fire has gone back to Boot password. I have moved and cannot find where I had it written down. WHAT CAN I DO?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

By boot password, did you mean the password ***** open your Kindle home screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says I only have so many attempts and it will go back to factory set tings.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you don't remember the passcode/password ***** login to your Kindle, you have to reset your Kindle to factory settings. Unfortunately that is your only way to access your Kindle. This is how Amazon designed to protect the information of your device. So no one will get unauthorized access to your Kindle.

Resetting will erase everything from it, but you can re-register it with the same Amazon account you used on it to redownload your books and other purchases without paying again.

Enter the incorrect password ***** multiple times and it will ask you to reset it. So do the reset.

After resetting the kindle, you can redownload all your books or stuffs to it using the same account you used to purchase them.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.