Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Verizon QMV7B tablet. It powers on but after 45

Customer Question

Hi I have a Verizon QMV7B tablet. It powers on but after 45 seconds or so keeps restarting on its own. What can I do to solve this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your tablet uses the Android OS of version 4.X.x I presume. If so, it may be that the Android OS has become corrupted to the point where it will not boot up fully and restarts instead.

(It could also be, that the tablet's hardware is severely defective, not the Android OS, and that the restarting is only in response to a fatal error or very severe error in the hardware rather than a fault in the Android OS.)

To try to fix the tablet, a 'factory reset' or 'hard reset' would be the advisable thing to try. However, be warned first: a factory reset wipes all your individual data and configuration and settings, stored on the tablet, off of it completely. Would you find that allowable?

I also should ask: How old is the tablet in question? was it ever dropped, or gotten wet, or otherwise treated badly?

Let me know, and I will instruct you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did a factory reset and when I pressed the final reset tab it just restarts and back to the same problem. Is there a reset I can do at start up screen?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

There is a factory reset to do at power-up.

But it will wipe *all* data off your tablet, be warned.

With the tablet Off, hold down the Volume - or Volume Down button, then press and also hold the Power button.

Release both buttons when the Android logo shows up.

Choose 'Factory Reset' from the menu.