Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My kindle fire hd has bee hyjacked

Customer Question

my kindle fire hd has bee hyjacked
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Since the entire Kindle is affected, you will have to boot your Kindle to Safe mode and factory reset the Kindle. Factory reset will erase everything from it, but you can re-register it with your Amazon account to redownload your books and contents.

Turn off your Kindle. Then press and hold down both Volume Down and Power at the same time and this will boot your Kindle to Safe Mode. Then goto Settings and choose Device. Select Factory Data Reset. Confirm the reset and it will reset. This will remove the malware from your Kindle.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to i enter reset to factory defaults?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you in Safe Mode now ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you are in Safe Mode, then Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings or tap More > Settings. Tap Device Options or Device, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset to confirm.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a red triangle in the center with a ! in middle.
And i don't. see any settings button
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Your Kindle is not in Safe Mode. Press and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds and this will turn it off. Then press and hold down Power and Volume Down and when it turns on, leave the Power button but keep holding down Volume key. Is it still booting into that screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't say safe mode it says reset to factory defaults
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Select it and press the Volume Up or Power button. What does it show now ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to highlight/select the reset to factory defaults option using volume down and then confirm the selection using Volume Up or Power. It is different for different devices. Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Or do you see the instructions to do factory reset there ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is safe mode the same as reset to factory defaults?
Because that's where i am now
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No, safe mode is a different like normal booting but it will allow you to open Kindle without the malware. Are you in safe mode now ?

Did you factory reset it from there ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Your Kindle will boot in that red triangle screen if it has any issue with the firmware or if it is rooted/hacked.

Holding down Volume Down while turning on is supposed to boot into Safe mode. Safemode is similar to normal boot but in Safe mode only core files will be loaded, thus it will allow you to do factory reset from Settings. Viruses/malware will not run in safe mode.

Since it is not loading to Safe Mode but to that red triangle screen, are you able to reset from there using the reset to factory default option?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed up for a live call
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I will not be able to call you as I'm also providing support for other clients in here. But I can continue to help you here without any additional payment. If I couldn't solve your problem, you will get full refund.

Did you get my last reply ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting the same thing reset to factory defaults
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After factory reset, press and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reboot it. Don't hold down Volume button this time. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing and i started about when i read your post
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry, but it seems like the firmware has corrupted. That is why it is not even booting into safe mode. You have to contact Amazon to replace your Kindle. To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####/p>

You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b

Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.

Everything is stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are not satisfied with my service, then you can contact JustAnswer support for refund.

Please don't rate the answer anything if you want to get refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your phone # ***** work
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

The easiest way to contact Amazon is through this page --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Go to the above website, click Fire and Kindle. Select Kindle Tablet. Select 'My Kindle is frozen or won't turn on', then scroll down and click Phone. Provide your phone number and click Call me Now and they will call you and give you instructions to setup replacement.