Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I changed phones recently. I upgraded from the Samsung

Customer Question

Hello, I changed phones recently. I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I put a password ***** my old phone and for the life of me...I can't remember what it is to unlock it. It has pictures on there of my mom who recently passed away in February and I am desperate to get them from the phone. Please help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The only way to remove the lock is to reset the phone, you cannot avoid this sorry and you will lose all data on the phone but it cannot be avoided.

To do the reset

1. Ensure the device is powered off. .
  2. Press and hold the Home button (located at the bottom) & Volume Up button (located on the left edge). With the Home and Volume buttons pressed, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until Samsung logo appears then release all keys.
  3. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  4. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

You can then set up the phone again for use

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to get the data off the phone without deleting the stuff first?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No sorry, it is the whole reason for the lock. If there was as there was with the S2, they patch it within days.

Id you want to use the phone again you have to reset it sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you