AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Technician
Experience:  Over two decades of experience in electronics, including teaching for 5 years.
24991566

My kindle is not charging.....it is one with a keyboard..got

Customer Question

my kindle is not charging.....it is one with a keyboard..got the back off looked for a reset button under battery
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 1 year ago.

Just slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds. This should reset the firmware.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that 3 or 4 times did not work and could not find a reset by the battery
Help

To reset the battery, plug your Kindle into the charger for 30 minutes. After that AND WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN to the charger, slide and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then see if it begins charging. If not, let me know the approximate purchase date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased 9/2011

Ah....the batteries normally last 2-3 years. I would replace it. You can find a replacement at the below link:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Graphite-1900mAh-Battery/dp/B005YNT44Q/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=thcosezo-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=JCJ6IHIWAX3SJBCH&creativeASIN=B005YNT44Q