Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

It has been a while since I was using my Kindle. Now when I

Customer Question

It has been a while since I was using my Kindle. Now when I turn it on it asks me for a Passcode. Not only do I not remember what it is, I don't even remember needing one. What can I do to either figure out what it is or give it a new one?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Someone has put passcode on it. If you don't remember the passcode/password, you have to reset your Kindle to factory settings. Unfortunately that is your only way to access your Kindle.

Resetting will erase everything from it,but you can re-register it with the same Amazon account you used on it to redownload your books and contents.

Enter the incorrect password ***** multiple times and it will ask you to reset it. If not, enter the passwords below to reset;

###-##-####/p>###-##-####/p>

If it is asking for password, then enter resetmykindle (without space) in the password ***** and confirm it. This will reset your Kindle.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.