Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I just bought a Moto G 3rd Generation Cell Phone. How do I

Customer Question

I just bought a Moto G 3rd Generation Cell Phone. How do I send a single text to multiple contacts (from my existing contacts list) without pulling up and adding each person (one at a time) before sending?
All of my previous phones allowed me to go to text; go to my contact list and touch each name that I wanted to include to receive the message; and then go back and type my message and send.
Please help,
Martin Jackson
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

With the standard stock App you cannot get around this. For some reason they changed how this works, but there are workarounds for it

The first, get Handcent SMS. It is a full featured texting app that is free on the Market and will give you the + symbol back in the To: ***** ***** you access to the Contact list.

Else you can get an app called DW Contact Group Manager. It will allow you to send a text to multiple recipients by selecting them from your contacts list.

You need to use one of these two apps on this phone to get around it.

Personally I recommend Handcent SMS as it is more functional.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you