Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My daughter passed away on August 10 has an android mini. I

Customer Question

My daughter passed away on August 10 has an android mini. I am on the 9th password ***** before it wipes. I have access to her computer and gmail account but can get the password ***** button to come up on her phone. What can I do so we don't lose all of her info?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

You need to try the pattern lock or passcode 5 times in a row to be given the chance to reset the handset with your Gmail account. If you fail to draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen after five attempts, the phone will prompt you to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again. If you forgot your screen unlock pattern or security passcode, touch Forgot pattern (or passcode). You will be prompted to sign in using your Google account and create a new screen unlock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It isn't a pattern lock, it is a pin code. I had already found that answer.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

It is the same steps for Patter or passcode (pin code)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not given me the option to reset the password ***** I only have 1 more attempt before it wipes the phone
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, if the option is not available then the only option is to perform the factory reset. The good news is that you can try using recovery software on the phone to retrieve the information off it. If you are not comfortable with performing it yourself, any local repair shop should be able to do it for you.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.