Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My sister-in-law and I each purchased an ASUS X55C laptop

Customer Question

My sister-in-law and I each purchased an ASUS X55C laptop computer, and we are both experiencing excessive recurring periods of lengthy "Update Failure, Do Not Turn Off Your Computer" displays whenever attempting to boot up the computers, and the displays have lasted for hours without the START menu appearing for hours later! This has become frustrating, to say the least. Today, I left me computer ON this morning after leaving home for 6 hours so that the START menu would come through after the update process.
What is the problem with these laptops?? As I have stated, not only my computer is experiencing this problem, but my sister-in-law has as well!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which version of windows you have installed?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have Windows 7 installed in our laptops.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Richard:Both of our laptops have Windows 7 Operating Systems loaded into them. Could you tell me why we are experiencing the problems with startup that we are having??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister-in-law and I each purchased an ASUS X55C laptop computer, and we are both experiencing excessive recurring periods of lengthy "Update Failure, Do Not Turn Off Your Computer" displays whenever attempting to boot up the computers, and the displays have lasted for hours without the START menu appearing for hours later! This has become frustrating, to say the least. Today, I left me computer ON this morning after leaving home for 6 hours so that the START menu would come through after the update process. What is the problem with these laptops?? As I have stated, not only my computer is experiencing this problem, but my sister-in-law has as well!! Our computers have been loaded with Windows 7 Operating System.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Sorry it was some time before you replied and I was not online

Can you do the following on both Laptops please.

Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.

Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.

Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"

Then click Disable All

Click ok, restart and let me know if you still have the problem please.