Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My acer a500 won't boot past the word "android" on the

Customer Question

My acer a500 won't boot past the word "android" on the screen. The letters in the word look to be waving or moving still, but nothing else happens, I did a hard reset, the android dude fell on its back and there was a red tv like box with a red exclamation hovering over him for about 5 or 10 minutes before rebooting.
I have just received it back from acer support a couple of weeks ago. Please help as school has started it and I really need to do my work. my service order is(###) ###-####. The "service order output" (SOO) seems to say they replaced some parts and shipped it back. If they did this, then perhaps they never tested it or something because it has never worked since they sent it back to me. Also, the SOO seems to indicate that my tablet now has a 1 year carry in warranty where as before I sent it in for repairs it was out of warranty. In their system it shows that I am still out of warranty so I am confused. So, my questions are: How can I tell if they fixed it, tried to fix it and if they fixed it and it still doesn't work, what are my options?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You've reached JustAnswer. We are an independent paid support provider. So I do not have direct access to your service order. It is possible that they replaced parts and then did not initialize it afterwards but they deftly should not of done that. Since you just had it fixed, they should simply take it back and repaired again. The warranty that you're seeing is the warranty on the repair. So, once the original product is no longer under warranty, if you've had it repaired you get a new warranty for this very reason. Does it say what parts they replaced and it?

What I think is going to be the solution ultimately is that you'll have to send it back to them but it will not cost you anything to have it repaired correctly.