Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle fire HD 4th generation and cannot get back

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire HD 4th generation and cannot get back in it since it HAS now locked me out.... the serial number is ***** pleaSE.. SINCERELY ELLIE
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Can you please elaborate on "locked out"? What exatly do you see on your screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
asking me for a password ***** which is right...when I pull down from top[ it says Lock screen notifications are turned off - tap here to change your settings. (I keep doing what they say but it doesn't work...)
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i WILL TRY WHAT YOU SAY AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU..THANK YOU...i WAS ABLE TO BOOT BUT IT ASKS FOR PASSWORD ***** i HAVE PUT 3 IN AND NOT WORKING,,,i THINK IT IS CHILD LOCK AND HOW DO i GET OUT OF THAT?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If it's still asking for a password- it's not child lock, it's either your Amazon password (the one you use when you log onto Amazon.com) or the Wi Fi password. Try those each (make sure you use capitals where capitals are).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wHEN IT ASKS FOR PIN, IS THAT THE SAME AS PASSWORD?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do these steps from a computer, or some other device BESIDES the Amazon Kindle:

You can change your Fire Tablet's lock screen password ***** PIN directly from Manage Your Content and Devices.
On your computer or mobile device, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, and then select Your Devices.
From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Fire Tablet.
Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.
Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.
From your Fire Tablet, tap Unlock Device.
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN, and then tap OK.