Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How do I upload my photos from my Verizon LG phone to my

Customer Question

How do I upload my photos from my Verizon LG phone to my MacBook Air? I have downloaded the Android File Transfer but it is not helping.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Download the LG PC Sync or Suite application from here --> http://www.lg.com/uk/support/pc-suite

Then install it and use that application to transfer the pictures from your LG to Mac. You can also use iPhoto or Photos or Image Capture application to do the transfer. Have you tried those ?

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I download it to my Mac or to my phone?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You have to download it to your Mac. Then open that and application and do the transfer using it. You can download it from here on your Mac --> http://www.lg.com/uk/support/pc-suite

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model number isn't listed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Download this verion --> http://18d5a.wpc.azureedge.net/8018D5A/tool/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=PW01820131125

Have you tried to download the photos using iPhoto or Photos app or Image Capture --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201734

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try downloading the version you just sent. I have not tried using the other 3 you listed.I just tried the version you sent. When I hit the website nothing happened. It took me to a blank page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you saw my above response. The last version did not do anything. Just took me to a blank page. I was talking with an Apple Tech yesterday (free of charge) and he did not suggest using the other 3 that you suggested. We downloaded Android File Transfer. After that I was only able to send about 100 pics out of over 600 from my phone to my Mac.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

That is a direct download link. That is why you are seeing the blank page. Check your Downloads folder and you will see the downloaded file there. It should say LGPCSuite_Package.dmg

Open it and open the application.

Please also try my second suggestion re the other 3 applications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG PC Suite will not open because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy. Then allow application to open from anywhere there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bear with me. I have unlocked it and now am going back to my downloads.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a fairly new computer and I'm not too familiar with everything.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, it is downloaded and computer is restarting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now what?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Open the LG application, connect your phone and see if you are able to download the photos using it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it is telling me that I can't use LG PC Suite if Android File Transfer is installed. Should I uninstall AFT?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Android File Transfer is also supposed to work and not sure why it is not working for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is asking me if I want to uninstall LG PC Suite to use AFT. I can only choose OK. It won't let me do anything else. What should I do?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Uinstall AFT using this App Cleaner --> http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Open App Cleaner, load AFT in it and it will load AFT and all its related file. Delete the files. Then redownlooad LG PC Suite, install it and see if you are able to open them.

If it still not working, then can you download this application and see if your phone is being recognized in it ? --> http://mobilego.wondershare.com/

(download the trial version)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to restart my computer before I can do anything. I can't get off the page.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can also force quit it. Press Command, Option, Esk keys. From the resulting screen, select the application and click Force Quit.

Or restart your Mac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How late are you working. Like I said, I am not very computer literate. This whole thing has fried my brain. Could I do your last instructions a little bit later.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Of course we can. If you want, we can do a remote support session tomorrow, so I can remotely connect to your computer with your permission

Macs doesn't play well with these devices. It would take a little effort to get them installed. Add a bookmark of this page, so we can continue later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, computer has restarted. The page is still there. Tried using the force quit and nothing happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much does the remote cost?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will do it for you without any additional cost. We can fix this tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. What time?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will be available most of the time. Just reply back here when you are are available and I will get back to you ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. You do need to sleep! How early can I get back to you. It is 8:00 my time now
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It is 8:35AM here. I will be here up to 12:00 PM your time tomorrow. So early morning is fine with me, like 7:00 or 8:00 AM.

Once we're connected remotely, we can fix this in less than an hour. Get some sleep. Good Night :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and thank you for your patience. I will try around 8:00 a.m
my time. Have a good night!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ashik, I'm back at my computer. The page that would't go away last night is gone. The LGPC icon is in my tool bar. When I clicked it it went directly to my ITunes. I hope it doesn't mess up my ITunes. Hope you had a good last many hours.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Lets start a remote session.

Follow the steps below to start remote support session.
You have to do this from your computer itself. On your Mac, open Safari. Then goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com

In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >###-##-####br />
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application will be downloaded. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you've downloaded and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application and let it connect. If asked for permission, allow it.

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

We can continue on next week. If you get any remainder from JustAnswer regarding rating this answer, you can ignore that message. That is a automated message.

Best Regards,