Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

What is proper equipment to plug into AC wall outlet Nokia

Customer Question

What is proper equipment to plug into AC wall outlet for charging Nokia c-3 cell phone (Makita, Philippines, 220Volt) ?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my cell ph Number XXXXXX
- Rick XXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The right charger for 220 V AC wall outlets, would be one made for use in Australia (esp. if the outlet type matches... I'm not sure it would in the Philippines.)

As for the output voltage of the proper AC Adapter... that would likely be about 3 V, since most cell phones use 3 V rechargeable batteries... but I am by no means sure of that. Nor do I know offhand what charger plug your model of cell phone has - whether it charges through the multi-pin connector or through a somewhat standard DC plug. With that information, I could recommend something specific to buy over the internet, if that is what would serve best.

Perhaps just using a 'standard' US-type charger for this device would be OK, if you also used a step-down transformer (that takes the wall outlet as input at 220 V, and steps it down to 110 V AC. In other words an adapter transformer - not just an adapter plug - for use of US appliances on Australian power.)