ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I forgot the password to my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Please help.

Customer Question

I forgot the password ***** my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Please help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If you have forgotten the password ***** you will need to reset it by following these steps:

• Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.
  • Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
  • Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
  • On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
  • Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
  • On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
  • Press the Power button to confirm and reset the Samsung tablet device.