Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have cleared all data from my G100W android. (to ) Now

Customer Question

I have cleared all data from my G100W android. (to Roger) Now what do I do to re-install settings please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that the first thing you would want to do is go to

Settings - Network Settings

and set up your network access and data service access, whether it is local WiFi, or 2G/3G/4G data service access.

After that, of course, set up email, e.g. if you have a Google Mail or GMail account, setting that up will make the Contacts saved with it accessible again, from its copy saved elsewhere (out on the internet in Google's servers.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well! I went back to r3eset data. it says add Wi-Fi network. My livebox is supplied by orange. the number on the back I have entered. I have added Orange.fr as the network for Wi-Fi. My livebox No is 6460. it says this is out of range. thqat I have no network connection. It does not accept either my 'orange email nor the google one which happens to be on my laptop. Therefore I can still send emails with that. I AM AT A LOSS TO SETTING THIS UP. I FEEL THAT I HAVE COMPLETED THE NETWORK ACCESS AND DATA ACCESS. Then it says create email account but responds to saying I have no internet access. Can I take this to a shop in France for someone to set it up for me? Any more advice for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top line should read reset (without a no.3 in the middle of it. Excuse the line of capitols please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These messages are from Wendy Golding in France regarding Android G100W
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Before you reset the Android device, did you have email / internet access, there in France?

As for turning WiFi to On:

Home screen, go to

Apps, then go to

Settings, then slide the WiFi master control to On.

I hope this advice helps! if so, please rate my Answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. Well in answer to Russels question to me, 'did I have a wi fi connection before I reset, the answer is yes. I had a google account working and I had an Orange.fr account working for emails. The only problem was that I had no download apps capability. It just froze when I went to try to download anything on apps. This time when setting back up I filled in some questions and I it asked me what network I was on. Well I have an orange live box so when it asks for my internet server, I put Orange.fr. Is that correct? I seem to be getting nowhere at all. As for dragging wi fi master control to ON I am not sure what the Wi-Fi master control is. I have not the vocabulary for these devices . It is very new to me although I am used to using the laptop. If I cannot manage this manoeuvre (and I think that is the problem because I am not connected to the internet with it. It was not me who did it the first time. The chap that sold it to me had set the Android back to default he told me. and in no time he had connected to the wifi box. and all worked except downloading any apps. There was no 'apps' set on it so that must have been cleared when he took it back to default. I feel that all might work if I can access the Wi-Fi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russel. I reset the Android again for G100W Android. I have answered the data questions. Have typed in the number on the back of the live box etc., then it asks me to write in an email address. I put in the google one that is still on my laptop computer
and also tried with the Orange.fr email but it comes up as out of reach. These were both set up and working previously so they are not out or reach. It states that I have no Internet access on the Androlid. There must be something I am not completing correctly.
It also says turn on Wi-Fi. How do I do that please.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I cannot offer a phone call at this time.

To enable the WiFi, go into settings, and look for 'WiFi'. That word, no more, no less. It *is* that simple.

When you find 'WiFi' amid the settings - and probably amid the Network settings (look for that word, no more no less) - you turn WiFi to On. No more, no less.

Then when WiFi is On, you can connect to your local router, Orange box, whatever it is.

But you have to do it in that order, more or less.

If the initial questions do not allow your email address, something is wrong, period. It is obvious to me that your Android device does *not* have a WiFi connection, nor does it have a 2G/3G/4G data connection. It would not say 'out of reach' if it did.

So: in sum: simply:

1. turn On the WiFi. WiFi *is* WiFi. Sometimes called 'wireless' but that word is ambiguous and can mean something else.

WiFi, in the Settings, has an On/Off switch.

If that Setting is nowhere, really nowhere, to be found, or is grayed out and unusable, your Android device has 'broken' Wireless/WiFi circuitry in it, perhaps. And in that case, no reset and no settings will make it work. But I doubt that's the case.