Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I just got a new LG Sunset LTE L33L cell phone and I like

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I just got a new LG Sunset LTE L33L cell phone and I like it, but I can't seem to send emails out to anyone. I can get emails, but it seems like the outgoing emails Just can't be sent.
I've checked with my email provider and the outgoing port number is *****
Can you help me fix the settings please?
Sharon
**********
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Normally when setting up email on and android device, you do not have to enter any special settings. It should find the settings for you automatically with most email accounts. Is this a Gmail account? If not, who is the email provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a gmail account. My provider is Mediacom and I put their settings in the phone.
Does the phone conversation cost extra?

Yes, it would be an added service. If you want a phone call, I can send you an offer for that.

For the Mediacom account, you shouldn't have to enter special settings. You should only have to enter the account information and Android should discover the correct account info. I would try removing the account and adding it back just using the email address and password. That will bring you back to a baseline. If it still doesn't work, let me know and we can go from there.

When you used the specific port, which port did they have you use? There are a few different possibilities.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outgoing smpt port # *****: 465
Incoming email is fine, just the outgoing doesn't work
After resetting everything as you suggested, now I get a message "cannot connect to server"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I'm trying to use the wrong icon /app? What is the icon that has the white envelope with the @ in the middle? Is that for Google mail? Can it be adapted for Mediacom mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking it to a computer store tomorrow-Maybe they can help.
May I please have a refund or do I need to do it through paypal?

This message means that the wrong server name is ***** ***** the server name field. Just check/double check that it is correct.