Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

I just recently got a android media box and I was so

Customer Question

I just recently got a android media box and I was so excited. It came with a HDMI cord and I also had one. Once everything was connected, my tv would not work at all, no sound, no power on or off, nothing would work. it was not until I realized that I have to unplug the media box OR disconnect the media box and then my tv would work.
On another note, once I have the media box playing, I have to unplug the hdmi cord from the media box and turn up the sound from the tv and then plug it back in. I should not have to do this every time I want to turn the sound up or down.
I have a surround system but that is no hope and I do not think that this could be fixed. Only because all of the plugins are yellow, red, white and there is nothing on my media box that has that and there is no sound from the tv when I use them anyways.
What should I do?????
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. You're not out of luck... Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I can help you.

If the HDMI connection on your TV is labeled ARC, which is usually HDMI 1, then the ARC is messing with you, and preventing you to control the TV due to the HDMI cable. Plug into another HDMI input, and that should fix the problem.

If not, there is an incompatibility with your TV and the media box. We have converters that will change the digital HDMI signal to analog, for use with your surround sound receiver. Click here. That will block the digital signal that is preventing your TV from working properly, and you'll be able to use your media box. These are also available at Best Buy, Fry's, Walmart, etc..., but they are cheapest online. Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand what you are saying but, how do I get my tv to connect to the media box, to the rca surround sound ? I understand hdmi to media box but how do I get rca surround sound to tv , to media box?

The HDMI cable carries sound as well as video. I didn't catch that you were using surround sound, sorry about that. We can extract that signal to optical, and that will give you surround. Click here. You will need both devices. Connect the HDMI to the audio extractor's HDMI input, then connect the extractor's output to the HDMI to composite device. Connect an optical cable from your audio extractor into your surround sound, and you'll have surround sound with your media box.