Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a LG Ultimate 2 Android tracfone from Amazon. I am

Customer Question

I bought a LG Ultimate 2 Android tracfone from Amazon. I am trying to set up a google account and I get all the way through to where you need to put in the word shown to activate and I lose my keyboard - have tried this repeatedly and every time the keyboard disappears.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try updating the Android version on it, if not to increase the version, at any rate to apply all released versions to the version that is already on it.

Also check for the StageFright exploit weakness in your Android version - probably unrelated, but essential to prolonged good operation of an Android device:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector

Does the keyboard slide away? if so, try scrolling it or swiping it into view again. And try tapping on the text entry field, so the cursor is in the text entry field... that may bring the keyboard back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I emailed that I had resolved the issue myself. Regardless your answer above is way too technical for a beginner like me. Baby steps would be required, as I noted on the request.I rate this response as poor.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for being too detailed. I was not aware of your need for basic terminology and instructions, or I would have rendered my attempt at an answer otherwise.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for letting us know, and your asking your question here at JustAnswer is appreciated.