Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

Kindle only makes "whirring" noise that pushing on/off will

Customer Question

Kindle only makes "whirring" noise that pushing on/off will not make go away. Screen went blank. It does not appear to have been hot or overheated. It was in a case but did not feel hot, but I removed it from the case anyway.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
Lets try resetting your kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Please connect your Kindle to the wall charger

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.
Tell me how it goes!