Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My tablet boots up to the screen that allows you to restart

Customer Question

My tablet boots up to the screen that allows you to restart or reset but is frozen no capacitive touch available. Any suggestions other than tossing this tablet in the garbage?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In order to assess what the right answer to your question would be, I need to ask several things about details:

1. what was the problem before you started to hard-reset the tablet? to get to the restart-or-reset screen, you must have had reason to restart the tablet that way.

2. or, if you have not tried hard-reset starting up (with Volume Down held down as well as the power button and sometimes another button as well), then try it... see if it gets the tablet back to working. (Note: completing the hard reset will, of course, erase all your data on it. ...see (3) also.)

3. try hooking it up to a computer with a cable. See if the computer can access the tablet and the data on it, and possibly copy off some data you really value to the computer from the tablet, if you can.

4. Is the tablet less than a year old, measured from purchase date? if so, its repair would be covered by warranty and would be charged to the Archos company - which is better than having to buy a whole new tablet, I think.

Let me know more about the details, please. Thanks.