Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I sent an email this morning regarding my LG phone purchased

Customer Question

I am Lynne Keeling and I sent an email this morning regarding my LG phone purchased July 3/15. I am told that I need to send my phone back to you for service so explain how that is possible to not have communication with my family or friends in an emergency while my phone is in your possession. I live alone after the death of my husband 4 months ago and I cannot be without access.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

In some cases if you contact the manufacture or phone provider they will require that if you do not have insurance and if it is not still under warranty. If you have insurance and or under warranty then you can usually get them to ship you a replacement and then you ship your old one back, thus you may want to contact them back and go over your options. I have a feeling you possibly called LG directly instead of your phone provider (if cell phone) if it is a cell service try contacting them as they usually have better options for you, otherwise again most manufactures require you ship your device to them for repair with no replacement in the down time, as much as I understand how frustrating that is. I know I have been there myself with many devices including personal computers I had to ship out and nothing to use. The good thing is it seems you just bought it this year and it may be under warranty, contact your provider and ask about warranty replacement options. Batteries are sometimes not covered for as long.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why does LG not send me a new battery to see if that is the cause? Please I do not want to send my phone back right now so a new battery is at least a try at something. Lynne Keeling
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Lynne,

Unfortunately that is up to the manufacture as to what they will do. You may be able to go down to your local service provider and see if they have a battery they can test it with, but that is the only option that I see other than sending it into them if that is what they are telling you must be done.

Thanks,

Joe