ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Android Update On Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500?

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
You can manually update your GT-I9500 to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop:
Step 1. Download the Lollipop 5.0 Firmware update from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ODjuZvMeEvMWZXeE1ta2sya1k/view to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2. Download Odin from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ODjuZvMeEvMWZXeE1ta2sya1k/view and extract the zip file.
Step 3. Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode.
Step 4. Now connect you phone to the PC with USB cable and open the ODIN application on your desktop.
Step 5. Go to the Odin window and add extracted firmware files using the respective buttons.
Step 6. In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
Step 7. After that click on the start button to run the flashing process on your Note 4.
Step 8. After the process is completed you will see the RESET! or PASS! message on ODIN screen, your phone will reboot now.
Congrats! You just updated your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 to I9500ZCUJOA3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. Go to Settings > About device to verify this firmware update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using Macbook and I think it does not support the recommended files you asked me to download. Is there any other way we can go about it?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately this problem requires a Windows-based solution.

You can use a friend's Windows PC, or you could install a Windows OS on your Mac using Bootcamp.