Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My kindlefire won,t reboot

Customer Question

my kindlefire won,t reboot
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i still can,t get the kindle fire to reboot . itried turning off the wy and the kindle leaving them both and then reboot it diddn,t work. the kindl is about 2 years old
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gan,t grt the kindle to boot so I did can amazon and I have allready sent they will prorate it for a new one thanks for your help I wish it had worked
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Awesome!

Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.