Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Kindle will not awaken with electric outlet or computer

Customer Question

My Kindle will not awaken with electric outlet or computer plug-in
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try holding down the power button for 10 seconds or more continuously.
If both charging it with a USB cable to a computer (that is turned On) and with its AC Adapter/charger doesn't revive it... then either
1. it won't turn On, even when hooked up to a USB port on a computer (that is turned On) with a cable, then it is 'dead', and needs repair, period... or replacement/recycling.
2. if will turn On, but only when when hooked up to a USB port on a computer (that is turned On) with a cable, then it has a dead battery which will need replacing. That is a repair that you can do yourself, if reasonably good with fine tools and electronic device disassembly and reassembly.
Let me know (using Reply To Expert) which of these is the case. And, what you would prefer to pursue (repairing, or replacement.) Thanks.