Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My wife lost her straight talk phone we replaced it and we

Customer Question

My wife lost her straight talk phone we replaced it and we did not recover any contacts. Are they lost?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

To check if the contacts are synced...

1. If necessary, log into your Google or Samsung account.
  2. From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap the Accounts tab.
  5. Tap Google or Samsung.
    Note: If you backed up your contacts to your Google account, then tap Google for step 4. If you backed up your contacts to your Samsung account, then tap Samsung for step 4.
  6. Tap your email address at the top of the screen.
  7. Tap Sync contacts to select the check box. If the check box is already selected, then tap Sync now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josh
I guess I should have said we tried all that, that is what I ment by my saying we did not recover our contacts. We did find our photos and used it on our home computers in the past as well and believed we had our contacts sync'ed as well so to our surprise to not find our contacts that was the reason for our request for help to see if there was an auto back up of our data to straight talk
Other phones in our home had auto sync'ed to a back up on our contacts.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Any automatically synced contacts would sync back to the phone when you sign into the Gmail account that was on the previous phone. If you have already signed back into the same Gmail account and the contacts did not sync then the contacts were not backed up.