Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm having a problem with sending any kind of text or

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having a problem with sending any kind of text or instant message. it keeps linking the words before and after a period into an html link. like if i just type (hello.its me) it will make that and underlined link?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on my computer now but if i could text or message from phone you would see it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i deleted instant messenger. even tried safe start up to see if an app was causing it. nothings helped
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect that when you put in anything like this:
anything.anyotherwords
that the IM system you are using sees that as a hyperlink object, an email address, or the like.
Try leaving periods out. If that prevents the problem, then the problem is the period.
Then try (if the period is the problem) typing it like this:
anything. anyotherwords
in other words, with a space after the period. Tell me what that looks like, and I will instruct you further. (I am presuming that you have an Android tablet or phone device... if it is something else, let me know. Also let me know what IM app you are using... that might help.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the problem. We already figured that part out and im sitting with a computer guy. But no one else here with the same phone has to space after the period but me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I send the message to them who also have an Android phone the hyper link doesnt show up for them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well not his anyway. But does to some
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does show up on my track phone
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That depends upon what apps are on the phone, and what settings.
Also if you have a different data service provider than everyone else, perhaps, though I doubt that's it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phones dying tonight trying to fix this. And just had surgery 2 days ago if we can continue tomorrow
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Continuing tomorrow sounds fine.