Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I reset my Kindle Fire HD to factory reset? Have

Customer Question

How do I reset my Kindle Fire HD to factory reset? Have tried swiping from top, but no device options open.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and swipe from the bottom to choose Settings.
Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
Tap Reset to confirm..
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same message when I swipe down... "lock screen notifications are turned off - tap here to change your settings. However when I "tap" nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery, confirms it is the memory that is faulting, and causes the device to not respond. This is not normally a difficult proccess
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It is a known problem, so it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you