Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a Kindle that I have had a couple or so years. I am

Customer Question

I have a Kindle that I have had a couple or so years. I am having trouble charging it. I bought a new charger and it still will not charge. Must be in the charger port? Is this fixable? Where do I get this repaired. I live in Decatur, AL.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Yes, or it could be a firmware glitch or battery issue as well. To rule out the firmware glitch, press and hold down Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset it. Charge it now. If it is not charging, then it is either the battery or the charger port. You have to send it to Amazon.
Amazon usually don't repair or replace the Kindle. They usually replace the Kindle with a new one (if it is under warranty) or will replace it with a refurbished one for a reduced cost if it is out of warranty. To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####
You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b
You have to send it to Amazon. Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.
The good news is that, all your purchased contents are stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again.
There are also many third party repair stores available, but I'd recommend to call Amazon and send to them. Let me know if you would like me find local repair shops for you.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry there is a typo. Amazon usually don't repair or replace the port. But they replace the Kindle.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The easiest way to contact Amazon is through this page --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true
Go to the above website, click Fire and Kindle. Select Kindle Fire Tablet. Select 'My Kindle is physically damaged', then scroll down and click Phone. Provide your phone number and click Call me Now and they will call you and give you instructions to setup replacement.
Remember, there are also some third party repair services available out there. But it is better to call Amazon and they might be able to give you a replacement for a significant reduced price than the repair cost (if it is out of warranty).
Best Regards,