Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I broke the screen on my Fire HD. Is it repairable? Where

Customer Question

I broke the screen on my Fire HD. Is it repairable?
Where would I send it?
If not repairable, is there a deal on a new Fire HD?
Will all my content be available on the new device and how do I get 'hooked up'?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Amazon don't repair or replace the screen. They usually replace the Kindle with a new one (if it is under warranty) or will replace it with a refurbished one for a reduced cost if it is out of warranty. To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####
You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b
You have to send it to Amazon. Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.
Yes, everything is stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again.
There are also many third party repair services available, but I'd recommend to call Amazon and send to them. They might offer you a new Kindle for significant reduced price which would be less than cost of fixing it. Let me know if you would like me find local repair shops for you.
If you would like to repair it yourself, please let me know and I will send you the instructions.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GREAT! If you saved me some money off a new device, the $26 is well spent. Very timely reply too!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Then only I will get credit for helping you.
Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The easiest way to contact Amazon is through this page --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true
Go to the above website, click Fire and Kindle. Select Kindle Fire Tablet. Select 'My Kindle is physically damaged', then scroll down and click Phone. Provide your phone number and click Call me Now and they will call you.
Best Regards,