ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a 2000 Lexus GS400 with the nokia mcc1 phone cradle

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lexus GS400 with the nokia mcc1 phone cradle and wiring. Wiring to cradle was cut so i now get no sound to radio. Have not been able to use phone cradle for some time due to model of phone changes and it no longer fits. Who can remove this or what do i have to do to get my radio sound back.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an idea when? You have been paid in full due to urgency.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
You can get away with cutting the wires to remove the phone cradle. However, it sounds like you may have grounded the "telemute" wire and permanently muted the stereo. You will need to ensure that none of the cut wires are shorted out.
The dealer installed OEM phone cradle can be unplugged cleanly from the car's phone harness. Try unplugging the cable at the transceiver if you still have no audio from the radio sound system.