Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a Kindle Fire HD. When I try to go on YouTube I pick

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Fire HD. When I try to go on YouTube I pick a song or anything else I want to see. It comes up fine, but when I press the arrow to play the screen goes black and doesn't play. On the lower right corner the timer shows 0:00 as if the song or subject I chose just finished playing.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DId not work .
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
When did this problem start ? Are you using the Youtube application to watch Youtube videos ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We can clear the Youtube app or the application you are accessing the Youtube videos. Follow the steps below;
1. Tap the Settings icon from the Home screen and select "More"
2. Tap "Applications" and select All Applications.
3. Find and select the Youtube or Web or the app that has the problem. Then tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
4. Turn off and turn on your device normally.
Play some videos. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 days ago. You tube app? Yes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We can clear the Youtube app. Follow the steps below;
3. Find and select the Youtube . Then tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After tapping All Apps YouTube does not appear on the list at all.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
How are you viewing Youtube videos on your Kindle ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mostly by selecting recording artists thru google and then tapping on the YouTube song I want.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means you are accessing via browser.
3. Find and select the Web or Browser or Silk . Then tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
4. Turn off and turn on your device normally. Check Youtube.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Open the Amazon Store or App Store. Search Youtube. Install the Youtube app and can you pay videos in the Youtube app ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still won't work. I'll try some other company. Please credit back the $26 charge to my discover account.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
We've not finished yet. I've one more suggestion. You can factory reset the Kindle and this will reinstall a fresh firmware. Factory reset will erase everything and install fresh software. But you can redownload your books and contents using your Amazon account you used on it.
Go to Settings > device and do a factory reset from there. After factory reset, register it with the Amazon account. Try Youtube.
If you don't want to continue, please don't rate the answer anything. Instead please contact or email to the customer support at***@******.*** for refund. Don't rate the answer anything to process refund.
Best Regards,