Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My Samsung galaxy s4 won't send text messages

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
When did this problem start ? Are you able to receive texts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is sending now ... and receiving ... but very slowly ... when entering texts it stalls for a few seconds and often goes back to the lock screen ... a phrase that says TouchWiz has stopped working keeps coming up ... the whole thing is just horrible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been going on for a few weeks and getting really bad now.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That indicates a firmware or system software issue. Do you have any important files on it ? I'm asking because it is better to do a factory reset it and start afresh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a lit of pictures as well as my contacts ... how do I assure they are saved to my storage card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ... a lot ... screen froze when typing then went back ...
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Follow the instructions in here to backup the contacts to SD Card --> http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-98389/
For picture, I'd recommend to connect the S4 to your computer and backup them to your computer. You can use Samsung Kies to download pictures from your S4 to the computer. Download and install Kies on your computer from here --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
After backing up everything, go to Settings > Backup & Reset and do factory reset from there.
Make sure you remove the SD card before resetting it. Let me know how it goes.