Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I used an apple wall insert on my Samsung s5 now it wont

Customer Question

I used an apple wall insert on my Samsung s5 now it wont charge
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The chargers for these two are completely different, what kind are you using now?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried a different usb cable with it yet? It does not matter if it is usb 2 or usb 3 both will work on it. The 2 is just smaller and fits in half the port of the S5.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Does it turn on? Hopefully it does or you may have damaged a board.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does. It's not charging
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
OK then the battery may have failed and need to be replaced, do you happen to have another you can test with?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
OK well you either need to test this battery with a different phone, this phone with a different battery, or use a multimeter to test it. We can not go any further until one of these is done. If you know someone else with an S5 you could ask to borrow it for a few minutes.
.