Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Wi-Fi has an excellent signal strength but I can't

Customer Question

my Wi-Fi has an excellent signal strength but I can't connect to my Wi-Fi. how do I do this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try observing, carefully, the distinction between UPPER-CASE and lower-case letters, if there are letters in your WiFi passphrase.
If you are asked to enter the WiFi passphrase twice, be sure that both times are entered identically.
Other things that could cause such a problem with WiFi connecting:
1. you could have a WEP-64 configuration. This is almost impossibly useless as a choice, since it isn't at all secure, and also it requires entering the passphrase in Hex code, like as not, which makes connecting with it even more difficult.
2. you could be not close enough to the WiFi router. Or have some considerable, bulky metal object between you and the WiFi router. Or a heavy masonry or partition wall blocking the signal from the WiFi router.
3. You could perhaps be trying to connect to the wrong WiFi router. Look on the list of SSIDs or router names, when you scan for them and decide to connect to one... if there are two with identical names that match the name of the one you are trying to connect to, then choose the one with the stronger signal (unless you are very distant from the WiFi router you are trying to connect to.) The passphrase for your WiFi router won't work on another WiFi router of the same name.
If the above doesn't help with the problem, let me know more about the circumstances, please.
If I have answered your question completely, please rate my Answer - or Reply, telling me what rating you would like to have applied. Thanks.